Thursday, January 20, 2011

Brigitte Bardot inspired makeup look

Brigitte Bardot is a famous french model, actress, and singer from the 50s, 60s, and 70s...Bardot is known for her beehive/bed head do and pouty lips...this sex kitten "was the first foreign-language star ever to attain a level of international success comparable to America's most popular homegrown talents." Brigitte's makeup consist of a dramatic liner with a neutral lid or a soft smokey eye with flirty lashes...her skin was pretty matte...it appears that she wore a peachy blush with soft contouring...her lips as well was kept matte in a nudy peachy color...the main focus was eyes and lips...disclaimer: I dont claim to look anything like Brigitte, I was inspired this past weekend to do this due to a movie of hers that I was watching called "Viva Maria"...I always been a fan of Bardot as well as other beauty icons before us...this will not be the last of inspired makeup look of famous women of the past...hope you guys enjoy!!


























products used:


I used jabberwocky aka "oil slick" on my lids


I just discovered the perfect nude lip combo...too bad they are limited edition..DAMN!!! why didnt I get backups

19 comments:

  1. Perhaps putting your pictures immediately after Ms. Bardot was not the wisest move...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh?! why wasnt it the wisest move to post pixs after bardot's photos? I did state above that I don't claim to look like her, I was simply inspired to do a makeup look...to each is own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Anonymous, way to hide behind that cheap ass jab you made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was so happy to see bridget's pics until i scrolled down to see your ugly oily ass mug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ anonymous, thanks babe, I highly appreciate that you took a moment out of your life to make a comment, luvs it!!!!! dont cha you just love the dewy look ;x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @anonymous negativity will get you no where. Didn't you ever hear if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Bridgitte Bardot! I think you did a really good modern interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look nice. Disregard the negitivty you look mad cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love it! You look beautiful and did a great job. I love this look :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fantastic, ignore the asinine moron with the negative comments! :)

    Now, having said that, -Urban Decay eye shadow? What is the name of that particular collection/package... Wonder....? I love it, thinking I simply must add to my collection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Anonymous, sorry for responding so late, thank you so much for the comment and support!!!
    The eyeshadow that I am wearing a eyeshadow from the "Alice in Wonderland" palette which is Limited Edition...the color is called "jabberwocky" but its a pernament color by urban decay called "oil slick", hope that was helpful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @danniedukes, you look gorgeous and the makeup is spot-on! brigitte was so sultry, wasn't she? (you should see pics of brigitte pre-fame though. she was a cute little brunette ballerina with a boyish body-nothing like the pouty lipped sex kitten with tousled, messy hair and cat eye eyeliner) anyways, you should do more tutorials on the pinups of the 40's and 50's, they were soooooooo glamourous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Anonymous, thank you for the comment...I have seen pixs of the young brigitte and she was a cute little thing!!! I am a HUGE fan of all things glam and retro and do plan on doin more looks inspired from the 20's, 30's, 40's and so on... I am about to do a 20s look so stay tune for that and thanks again for passing by!!!
    cheers
    Dannie

    ReplyDelete