Monday, August 6, 2012

Makeup Inspired by Marina and The Diamonds #Primadonna


I had intentions for a while now to do a makeup tutorial from the music video Primadonna, by the Welsh singer Marina and The Diamonds...I heard of the new wave pop singer last year, but really indulged in her music recently and I really enjoy her sound and her aesthetics...Especially in her music video "Primadonna", her look is a medley of Marie Antoinette and Marilyn Monroe...I really like her modern twist on everything and had fun playing with pinks and lashes, very girly and ethereal...





click below for more....









First fill in eyebrows and make them a little more darker than your usual routine
I applied a brown pencil by Rimmel to define the shape and then MAC Brown Down e/s to darken the brows...





Then I used MAC studio finish concealer in NW45 around my brows to make them more cleaner...



I applied MAC e/s in Nanogold (LE) as my brow highlighter...I love how this shadow has pink iridescent undertones, which is going to compliment the pink blush and lips...




I used NYX eyeshadow primer in white, its very similar to MAC's paint pots, at first the texture is creamy, but once you blend it onto your lids, the consistency goes from creamy to a matte finish...





I applied MAC's Spiced Chocalate e/s (LE) onto the crease to create dept and make my eyes appear more deep set like Marina's eyes





I applied MAC's All That Glitters onto the lids...




On the outer V I applied MAC's (LE) e/s in Dark edge to define the eyes more

 



Then time to pull out your favorite liner




I used NYX liner in white on my water line, which helps make the eyes appear wider

  



I took MAC's Dark Edge (LE) e/s on the lower lash line to help frame the white liner and and bottom lashes...



apply your foudation and concealer, we are going for a flawless/doll like look...so I went for full coverage...
L'Oreal true match liquid foudation and powder in Cocoa...




Ardell lashes and Duo adhensive, the bottom lashes are from a halloween edition that Ardell brings out every year, I believe they are called spider lashes...


MAC's
Blush: dolly mix (focus more on the apples of the cheek)
MSF: petticoat (used as a highlighter on cheeks, brows, inner corner of eyes
Lipstick: Not So Innocent (LE)
Lipglass: She loves Candy(LE)
NYX lipliner in Dolly

I lined and filled my entire lips with NYX lipliner in Dolly
then I applied Not So Innocent lipstick on top
and blended it all together with She loves Candy gloss


I love Love LOVE this highlighter, it gives such a nice pink iridescent sheen to the skin, this really added to this ethereal look...


I finish the look with cotton candy cheeks, MAC's sheertone blush in dolly mix, for it to be a sheertone finish, it is very pigmented...then draw your beauty mark above your cheek in a shape of a heart...for some odd reason I really struggle with drawing the heart shape, which you may notice lol


 The Finish Look...












P.S
This is a vintage sweater given to me years ago by a dear friend, and I am looking forward to wearing it come fall (so ready for fall)...I was going to wear a baby blue sheath dress, but decided to pull out this bad boy esp with this pass weekend being the anniversary of Marilyn Monroe passing, I am a huge fan and found it suiting to wear for this tutorial...



Thanks for stopping by and stay tune for more fun looks, I may do another look from Marina!!!
































No comments:

Post a Comment