Monday, July 1, 2013

May & June Faves!!!


Ahoy Mates!!! It's that time again to share with you all the goodies I have been loving...Since I did not do a May Faves post, I decided to combine both May and June Faves!
 
 
 
 
 
 
click below for details!!!
 
 
 
 


When I was in Jamaica this past May, I was introduce to their delicious coffee called "Blue Mountain"...this coffee is so good and rich, not only did I bring bags of it home, I also purchase a candle made with the coffee beans...this candle is so concentrated that the scent itself is so frangrant you do not need to light the candle...it reminds me of my trip everytime I get a whimp of it!
 
The candle has actual coffee beans in it!!!
 

I have been obsessed with MAC lipsticks in "Impassoned" and "Play Time" (LE)...they just scream summer to me, I think of icecream and popsicles when I look at them...


 Top:Impassoned
Bottom: Play Time (LE)


I love using bronzers, especially durning summer, it gives the face such a healthy glow..."City Colors" makes this lovely bronzer in "Sunset"...This bronzer can be found in your local drug store...I like to use it on my arms, chest, and legs for that extra glow...Now that I am tanned, it really compliments my complexion and sticks to the skin all day...When I don't wear foundation, I like to use it on my face to give me some life lol...MAC skinfinish from the Extra Dimension Collection in "Shape The Future" is a limited edition product (booooo)...I have been using this joker on my face everyday; this skinfinish gives the skin a luminous glow...MAC needs to make this bad boy a permanent!!!
 
 
Left: Shape the Future
Right:Sunset
 
While on vacation, I experience a little sunburn on my shoulders and purchased "Caribbean Breeze" after sun lotion from a gift shop...This sun lotion soothed my shoulders and kept my skin from peeling...The lotion contains aloe, coconut oil, kelp extract, cocoa butter, jojoba oil, vitamin e and other natural ingredients...I love how it absorbs into the skin, which allows the product to aide the skin...I also like to use the sun lotion after a eyebrow waxing and on other areas where hair is removed.

"Perfect Scents Designer Mist" is a frangrance I found in Rite Aide...The scent mimics Christian Dior Miss Dior Cherie Eau de parfum...It smells exactly like the popular frangrance and have been my go to scent every since I brought it...The scent is a soft blend of floral and woody...Miss Dior Cherie frangrance has notes of mandarin, jasmine, and patchouli (hope that gives you a idea of the body mist)...This is a great way to experiment with scents, especially if one does not want to spend tons of money on a designer scent or want to simply try out a designer scent before investing!

"Desert Breeze Nourishing Lotion" is a light weight lotion that I took from my hotel while on vacation (shhhhh lol)...The organic lotion contains honey, natural aloe vera, and pure olive oil...I to keep this lotion in my purse and use as a hand moisturizer.
 

Now that it is summer, I like to use self tanners and body bronzers to create a even complexion and a golden glow..."L'Oreal Subline Bronze" is a great self tanner, especially for darker complexions...it is so easy to apply and has great staying power...I believe Deep Natural Tan is the darker tint out of all the self tanners from the sublime collection...I like how the tint looks natural and covers up imperfections..."NARS" body glow is the cat's meow, The Monoi De Tahiti Oil is a blend of coconut oil and tiare flowers...I apply this on expose arms and legs to enhance my tan or just for that extra glow...the scent alone will stop one in their tracks, it smells like summer in a bottle lol...as you can see I am runing low. 

Nars Body Glow
 
 
L'Oreal Sublime Bronze in Deep Natural Tan
 
 
 
Movies
 
there were two movies I kept watching durning the months of May and June and became inspired by the makeup and wardrobe...both films has great plots and actors...I am a sucker for period films.


Memoirs Of A Geisha
 
 
Cleopatra

Hope you guys enjoyed my favorites and please share with me your faves!!!

xoxo
Dannie

Instagram: danniedukes
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment